1. Fake News & Truth Telling
- MIT Study: On Twitter, false news travels faster than true stories
- One Thousand Cuts – Documentary about how Facebook is being used to empower dictators and hide the government-sanctioned killing of thousands of people in the Philippines, and how journalists are trying to bring truth in the midst of disinformation. This Podcast conversation with the head journalist also digs into more details.
- A Genocide Incited on Facebook – A look at how Facebook is being harnessed to catalyze genocide in Myanmar.
- Crash Course: Media Literacy
- Ad Fontes Media – They have several media charts of varying detail and depth that are available. Their paid chart (with a free demo), is super cool, but the chart I showed in the video is here.
- Article I wrote about how I get news
2. Who are you online?
- 37 Billion accounts compromised/leaked in 2020
- Facebook Leak
- Article about that time dozens of the most powerful people in the world had their Twitter accounts hacked.
3. Using Tech for the Kingdom
- Aleph With Beth – Free Biblical Hebrew/Greek classes
- List of Online Porn Addiction Recover Communities
Like last time, there’s a link here to buy a book, but I recommend you get it from the library to save some money if you can.
- Amusing Ourselves to Death – Written long before the internet became widespread, author Neil Postman talks about the dangers and inevitable consequences of journalism and politics becoming forms of entertainment. The forward of the book contains some really potent thoughts, as a taster for you.
- This quote by Epictetus.
Use technology. Don’t be used by it.